Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Grandparents are only parents & can make mistakes

I am in placement right now and my daughter was with my grandparents. When they could not take care of her for a while, she was taken from them. Now I have to decide weather or not I want to parent her. I want my grandparents to have another chance. My right as a mom is to have an improvement period before my rights are terminated. So why can’t they give this right to my grandparents, so they can have another chance to parent my daughter. I was researching to see if there was a law that covers grandparents’ rights to parent their grandchildren’s children. If any one knows, any more about that please let me know.
I found my resources at http://www.thenationalcrittentonfoundation.org/pdf/West%20Virginia.pdf

2 comments:

  1. I like that you are taking a proactive position in your dilemma. Be sure to let us all know what you find out and how everything turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brittany. Thanks for sharing this. Please do keep us posted.

    David

    ReplyDelete